Putting Adverts on your site is very easy thing to do however the problem arises when you have too many Ads on one site and not necessarily on the same page, by that I mean when you put the Ads on the page and then you have to do it again and again and to top it off when you have an advert that is only valid for a specific dates like an offer for black friday. Managing all of these ads is time-consuming and you have to remember every single one of them.
That’s why using a plugin like “Ozh’ Who Sees Ads” will help, unfortunately this plugin is discontinued but you can get it from the authors website and I haven’t had any problems using it in this and other blogs, the plugin will take care of everything for you, all you do is install it, activate it and then put your Ads inside the plugin on the admin panel, plugin then will give you a short code that you can use in any plugin, post or pages that you like and also it will create widgets for them as well so you can just add the widgets and get started.
Now here is another thing, you don’t have to use this plugin just for adverts, if you have a content that has to be shown for certain conditions you can use this plugin to manage them. What I like about this plugin is the fact that after adding the advert in the plugin you will only add the short code on each place that you want to show adverts therefore if you have to change something in the advert you can just change it in the plugin panel or if you want to take the ad off the same just do it in the plugin panel and you are done, you don’t have to go through every single page to make it happen just in one place that will save you a lot of time.
In this WordPress plugin you can specify when your adverts has to be shown here are the list of conditions that are pre-made in the admin panel for you:
- If visitors are from search engine the display or not display the advert.
- If they are a regular reader you can show or hide the ads and you can specify who is a regular reader.
- If the post is older than so many days to show or to hide the adverts
- show the adverts only if the visitor is logged in or only if they are not logged in (so if you want to tell your visitors that the can get something if the subscribe by becoming a member you just found the way to do that easily!)
- Show the adverts only between two different dates
- Only show the advert so many times and not more than that
- Only show an advert to each visitor so many times and not more this is fantastic if your WordPress website is being click bombed because they only going to see the advert 10, 20 or 30 times(you can define it as you see fit).
- show another ad if the other conditions for the adverts are not met so if you don’t want to show people coming to your site from Google; and advert from click Back you can set it up here as the secondary and the first one will be the Adsense for example.
- You can also choose to display the advert at all times with no limitations.
- You can also Set your own conditions (for these you need to know a little about PHP and WordPress functions and conditions)
- Also you can have it to show everyone the normal ad and for the admin showing a color filled area for the advert so you don’t accidentally click on your own adverts